Coffee. Sangas. Wine. At some point in life, most people have been in dire need of at least one of these things. Scott’s Luncheonette & Bar is Palm Beach’s latest one-stop-shop for all three, plus a few cocktails and spritzes on the side…just because.
Providing for early risers and afternoon wine enthusiasts alike, Scott’s caters to all needs from kick arse coffee and brekky sarnies in the morning to gourmet sangas paired with a classic cocktail for lunch, leading into golden hour with a charcuterie board and an old school pétillant naturel (in other words, fancy vino).
Located in the heart of Palm Beach, the luncheonette is just a stone’s throw from the beach, and is set to be a hub for both day-trippers and locals. Making the most of seasonal produce, visitors can expect to find a mix of classic sangas and unique creations with a cosmopolitan twist. Highlights include Mediterranean eggplant parmigiana with mozzarella, passata and basil sangas, classic French moules et frites, and traditional wine bar staples such as cheese platters and jamón ibérico.
Scott’s Luncheonette & Bar is the culmination of owner Perry Scott’s experience of over 20 years in the hospitality industry. Having trained under Dale DeGroff (A.K.A. The Cocktail King) from The Rainbow Room in New York City and London’s Match Bar Group, and completed stints at some of Soho’s most renowned cocktail bars and restaurants including Milk & Honey and The Player, Perry returned to Australia with a mission to start a drinks revolution.
The revolution was pioneered by the opening of Perry’s first endeavour, Lark Food & Drink in Paddington. Following great success and multiple Bartender Magazine national awards, it was time for the revolution to expand beyond cocktails and into the realm of quintessential sustenance, leading to the fruition of Scott’s Bar and Luncheonette.
There is no doubt that Perry’s passion for delicious and entirely enjoyable food and drink will live on at Scott’s in the form of get-ya-goin’ coffee, classic sangas, afternoon nibbles, and a selection of national and international wines—not to mention the classic Palmy sea breeze that comes with.
Staying true to its fun and informal nature, Scott’s Luncheonette & Bar will be welcoming walk-ins only and is set to open its doors in the second week of August.
Scott’s Luncheonette & Bar
Shop 1/1114 Gold Coast Highway, Palm Beach QLD 4221
Images will be available once the venue opens.
- Perry’s first venue, Lark Food & Drink in Paddington, attained numerous Bartender Magazine National Awards including:
- Bar Of The year
- Best Bar Food Menu
- Bar Team Of The Year
- ALIA Awards (Australian Liquor Industry Awards)
- Best Bar Team
- New Bar Of The Year
- Final 10 in Bartender of the Year in 2007 (Perry Scott)
- Bar Operator Of The Year (Perry Scott)
- Another one of Perry’s ventures has been running the backstage VIP bar at Splendour In The Grass for the last 18 years, inventing the official drink of Splendour in 2005: The Strummer.
- He also founded The Dispense Station, South East Queensland’s first premium mobile cocktail bar, also a well-known Splendour attraction. Rest assured, guests can expect to see a few Strummers being poured at Scott’s Luncheonette & Bar.